The Suffolk Growth Strategy has been published by Suffolk County Council and the district and borough councils to deliver economic growth, create more jobs and increase prosperity.
- Suffolk Growth Strategy (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Suffolk Growth Strategy summary (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Screening process information (PDF, 17KB) - completed for whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment was needed
What we do
Economic Development service
The work of the Economic Development team is delivered under 4 broad headings outlined below, with some examples of the type of work成人在线视频app undertaken under for each one.
This encompasses our work with LEPs (including the drafting and negotiation of Strategic Economic Plan and Growth Deals).
It also includes work carried out as members of the Suffolk Growth Group which brings together all of the Suffolk local authorities to oversee the growth agenda in the county.
成人在线视频appWe deliver a county-wide inward investment service called . This includes dealing with enquiries from national sources such as .
We provide advice to, and participate in decisions on New Anglia LEP’s and panels; and co-ordinate County Council involvement at business events, for example, the in 2016.
Our work on energy includes managing the County Council’s involvement in:
- the delivery of business support and supply chain management for the offshore renewables sector through SCC’s centre
- leading on the creation of an energy sector development plan by working with Norfolk County Council and New Anglia LEP
- providing support for the New Anglia LEP ICT sector group to enable it to roll out the development plan and secure funding for the growth of the local cluster
Locations for growth
We're working with partners to develop schemes in:
- major urban areas such as Ipswich (Ipswich Innovation Centre) and Lowestoft (purchase and development of land to support growth in the Enterprise Zone)
- smaller places such as Newmarket and Felixstowe
Email email@example.com or call Economic Development on 01473 264555成人在线视频app, available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Invest in Suffolk
Suffolk is the bright choice for your business; and is leading the way for enterprising businesses to innovate, grow and shine.
Learn more about investing your business in Suffolk at .
New Anglia Business Growth Programme
The Business Growth Programme is delivered by New Anglia LEP in partnership with:
- Suffolk Chamber of Commerce
- Suffolk County Council
The Programme is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. It includes the following schemes:
The Growth Hub is your one-stop-shop for business support and funding advice.
Access to free face-to-face Business Advisors, an online information portal and telephone helpline for businesses and entrepreneurs who are looking for a simple and easy route to business advice and finance options.
The Micro Grant Scheme offers grants between £1,000 and £10,000 to Micro, Small and Medium sized businesses wanting to grow and expand, improve their productivity or efficiency or introduce a new product or service.
New Anglia’s Start-up programme supports individuals during pre-start stage and businesses during the early trading stage.
Better Broadband for Suffolk
The aim成人在线视频app of the Better Broadband for Suffolk programme is to:
- build a brand new superfast broadband network
- bring better broadband to all of Suffolk
- ensure that the benefits are maximised by businesses, households and service delivery organisations
Learn more about .
成人在线视频appGet information about reducing the cost you spend on energy, travel and waste visit the on Green Suffolk.