We help communities to identify their own priorities and get involved in the design and delivery of services. We also give them the support, advice and expertise to help them achieve their ambitions.
We work with our colleagues in the district and borough councils, police and health as well as in the voluntary and community sector to provide this support.
成人在线视频appWe work with both common interest communities and communities based in a certain area.
Across Suffolk we have helped communities to:
- take on the running of community centres, parks and playing fields
- deliver services such as youth clubs and local transport services
- take greater control over how their local area develops through parish and neighbourhood planning.
There are a number of areas in Suffolk where we are working with local communities, their representatives and our public sector partners to:
- get a better understanding of local needs and resources
- develop new ways to support people to help themselves
- encourage service providers to work in a more joined up way
Community led planning
A number of communities in Suffolk are seeking to influence how their local area develops by producing a ‘community led plan’. Many places in Suffolk have developed a parish plan or undertaken a village review as a way of identifying local priorities and a plan of action to achieve their ambitions.
We work closely with and the district and borough councils to support communities wanting to produce their own community plan.
Several communities are now making use of the powers introduced by the Localism Act 2011 to produce a . These documents have formal status in the planning system and are used to help determine planning applications.
If you are interested in a neighbourhood development plan you should contact your Local Planning Authority (the seven district and borough councils plus the Broads Authority). There is further advice for planning and development in Suffolk on Planning, waste and environment.
成人在线视频appYou can also contact us if your plan relates to any services that are provided by Suffolk County Council. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss proposals at an early stage in the plan’s preparation. Our services include:
- Highways and transport
- Education (including pre-schools)
- Surface Water Management
- Social Care
- Fire and rescue
- Waste Infrastructure
Working with communities of interest
Find out about:
Armed Forces Community Covenant
The Suffolk Armed Forces Community Covenant is an agreement of a voluntary pledge of mutual support between a civilian community and its local armed forces.
成人在线视频appIt's aim is to strengthen links between the community and local armed forces personnel, their families and service veterans.
The covenant aims to:
- encourage local communities to support the armed forces community in their areas
- nurture public understanding and awareness about the issues affecting the armed forces community
- recognise and remember sacrifices made by the armed forces
- promote activities which help integrate the armed forces community into local life
- encourage the armed forces to help and support the wider community through participation in events, joint projects and other forms of engagement
The covenant was established in October 2012 and includes Suffolk County Council, all the local authorities, voluntary and community sector organisations and armed forces units (regular or reserve) stationed in or linked to the county.
成人在线视频appThe is a website dedicated to the covenant and includes further information on initiatives and partners.
A useful contact is John Ogden John.Ogden@suffolk.gov.uk the Armed Forces Covenant Commissioner.
You can also find out more by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christine Geeson – Head of Localities and Partnerships, email email@example.com
Andy Cuthbertson – Communities and VCS Lead, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Colin Baldwin – Localities Officer, Babergh and Mid Suffolk, email email@example.com
Claire Prosser – Localities Officer, Ipswich, email firstname.lastname@example.org
成人在线视频appView the website.