Suffolk's Warm Homes Healthy People is a project designed to help vulnerable people and families make their homes cheaper to heat.
The project can provide the following for eligible residents in Suffolk:
- Grants for
- Boiler or heater stopped working? Warm Homes Healthy People can lend you electric heaters and point you in the direction of any grant funding available such as assistance in applying for a local authority renovation or home assistance grant.
- Do you own or privately rent your property? Warm Homes Healthy People can arrange for an independent surveyor to visit your home and discuss energy efficiency improvements that could make a real difference to your heating bills.
- The project can also access grants to help pay for insulation and basic draught proofing
Call Warm Homes Healthy People on 03456 037 686 or email email@example.com if you've a question.
Warm Homes Healthy People report 2018/2019
Download the (PDF) for 2018/2019 published on East Suffolk Council's website.
Winter fuel payments
Contact Citizens Advice Bureau on 01473 298634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit 19 Tower Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, .
Note: Age UK are no longer成人在线视频app offering fuel payments.
- Making your home warmer as well as more energy efficient
- Help with getting your home properly insulated and draught proofed
- Emergency boiler and heating repairs - this is subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria applies
- Loan of temporary heaters in an emergency
- Cheaper oil prices and access to interest free loans via
Please note:成人在线视频app If you have substantial savings, any financial assistance may be limited.
Other ways to get help
In the first instance contact your energy supplier. They offer a range of services to older or vulnerable customers and people on low incomes, including cheaper energy deals and free or subsidised energy efficiency measures.
All gas or electricity companies offer a Priority Service Register to customers who are older, disabled or have a chronic illness.
- If you are concerned about the cost of heating your home you may be eligible for various benefits and schemes.
- Find details of trusts and funds to help with energy and water bills
- can help people who are struggling to pay their energy charges and other household bills and costs
- is a countywide oil-buying syndicate which enables members to buy heating oil at reduced prices
- offers impartial advice on how to reduce carbon emissions, use water more sustainably and save money on energy bills
- free services that can give you extra help if you’re older, ill or have a disability, or you’ve suddenly found yourself in vulnerable circumstances
- is a government information leaflet for people over 60, low-income families and people living with a disability. It includes advice on getting prepared for the cold weather and financial help to heat your home
- A loft emptying service for elderly and disabled people to allow them to take advantage of the free insulation schemes on offer
- Support for vulnerable people who need extra support during a power cut
- A chance for those who receive a winter fuel payment that they don't need to donate it to a fund to help others who do.
- Winter are you prepared? Essential information about staying safe and healthy this winter
- (PDF, 351KB) Tips from Age UK on how to keep warm and well
成人在线视频appAnyone who has a vulnerable relative or neighbour is urged to help them find out more about what support and assistance might be available to them.