Suffolk County Council's mission is to make a positive difference for Suffolk. We are committed to working together, striving to improve and securing the best possible services.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They're shaped by our staff, and we call them "ASPIRE":
- Achieve – we are the best we can be
- Support – we work as one team
- Pride – we take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – we model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – we give and earn respect
- Empower – we empower, encourage and motivate people
成人在线视频appThese values underpin our approach to performance, reward and wellbeing. They define the relationship between the council and our people, benefits for employees.
Benefits for employees
成人在线视频appWe offer an extensive reward package that combines pay, pension and a range of additional benefits.
- Performance related
- Instant e-vouchers for some of the UKs top retailers, such as 8% off at M&S, 5% off at Tesco and 4% off at Sainsburys. Plus discounts at 100s of other retailers and brands.
- Financial wellbeing support, including low interest loans
- Access to the
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
The LGPS is for all SCC employees and it offers:
- A secure pension adjusted to take into account the cost of living
- Tax relief on contributions paid, and (after a two year qualifying period) have peace of mind if you become seriously ill or are made redundant over the age of 55
- Peace of mind for your family with immediate life cover and a pension for your spouse, civil partner or eligible cohabiting partner, as well as eligible children
成人在线视频appVisit the for more information.
成人在线视频appStaff can commute on public transport at half price on most routes and for free on the following routes:
- Mulleys buses in Bury
- Park + Ride plus route 8/13 and free town centre shuttle in Ipswich
- Route 101 in Lowestoft
成人在线视频app See to plan your journey by train / bus (; ).
Staff obtain the discount when purchasing a monthly or longer season ticket; bulk purchases of daily tickets are also available on some routes.
We also provide, plus free car parking for electric vehicles & electric vehicle charging points at our main offices.
成人在线视频appThese benefits are provided to encourage more sustainable commuting. They are paid for from staff car park income (most staff pay to park at our main offices).
We also offer:
- Tax free bikes - visit our to learn more
Health and wellbeing
- A dedicated health and wellbeing portal
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme providing general information and advice to staff as well as access to counselling and legal advice
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- 20% off health and lifestyle assessments with Nuffield Health
- Access to a to help cover health costs such as dental, optical, maternity/paternity, physio etc.
- Generous annual leave entitlement with an option to purchase additional days
- Flexible working arrangements, with 98% of our jobs advertised with at least one flexible working option!
- Career breaks
- Occupational maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- A range of family and care policies
- Discounted lifestyle benefits, including theatre and cinema tickets and up to 10% off when booking your next holiday
成人在线视频appWe are proud to have a number of active staff networks supporting and promoting groups of staff, councillors and partners that share similar characteristics, life experiences, values and beliefs.
- The disABILITY Network
- Suffolk Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGB&T) Staff Network
- Women's Network
- Mental Health Network
- Young Adults' Network
- Vegan Network
- Black and Asian Network
- Christian Fellowship
Find out more about Suffolk County Council staff networks.
Staff development and training
We offer training and resources to continually develop the skills of our employees.
Find out more about our approach to staff development and training.