成人在线视频appWe do not issue badges for temporary disabilities/conditions. However, there are special rules for people who are terminally ill (this means people who have a progressive disease and are not expected to live for more than 6 months).
Any application will need to be supported by a specialist nurse or consultant. This could be in the form of a letter confirming the prognosis or a copy of a DS1500 (if issued).
The has more information about who may qualify for a Blue Badge.
The Department for Transport’s (DfT) new legislation is now in force.
Read more in the .
成人在线视频appPeople with Hidden Disabilities are now able to apply for a Blue Badge.
You automatically qualify if you:
- receive the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Mobility Component, and your “moving around” score is 8 points or more
- get the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (Attendance Allowance and Personal Carer’s Allowance do not form part of our automatic entitlement criteria)
- receive the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Mobility Component and have obtained 10 points specifically for the “planning and following a journeys” activity, on the grounds that you are unable to undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress
If your PIP or DLA is for less than 3 years a badge will be issued for the same duration of the award.
- are registered severely sight impaired
- receive the War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- have received a lump sum benefit under the Armed Forces (Compensation) Scheme within tariff levels 1-8 (inclusive), and been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes an inability or very considerable difficulty to walk
You might qualify if you have a permanent and substantial disability and you:
- are unable to walk or have a physical disability that means you are unable to walk very far without experiencing severe discomfort and or breathlessness
- experience very considerable difficulty whilst walking, which may include very considerable psychological distress; or
- are at risk of serious harm when walking; or pose, when walking a risk of serious harm to any other person
- drive a motor vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both arms, and are unable to operate all or some types of parking meter
Children under 3
A parent of a child under 3 years of age may apply for a badge if the child has a specific medical condition which means they:
- must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which can't be carried around easily, and/or
- need to be kept near a vehicle at all times, so that, if necessary, they can be treated in the vehicle, or quickly driven to a place where they can be treated
Blue Badge for organisations
成人在线视频appIf an organisation looks after the care and transport of disabled people they might qualify for a Blue Badge.
It is unlikely that taxi, private hire, and community transport operators would be eligible. However, they would be able to use an individual’s badge when carrying that person as a passenger.
Terms and conditions
All employees of the organisation who will be using the badge should be reminded that they must only use it to transport disabled people in their care, who meet one or more of the eligibility criteria.
These employees should also be made aware they will face a fine of up to £1,000 if the badge is misused.