Is 'stay put' safe if I live in a flat?
When a fire occurs within your flat, you should make your away out of the building and call 999.
All other residents are expected to 'stay put成人在线视频app' and stay in their flat unless it's unsafe to do so or directed by the emergency service.
Evacuation procedures in purpose-built blocks of flats
Read about and take specific attention to read:
- Page 20, paragraph 12
- Page 27 to 28, paragraph 18 and 19
Further information about legislation on fire safety
Visit GOV.UK for .
What should I do if there is a fire in my home?
Read about what you can do if there's a fire in your home.
How do I reduce the risk of a fire in the home?
Download fire safety leaflets:
- (PDF, 693KB)
- (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Fire safety for high rise living (PDF, 820KB)
Product recall of home (domestic) appliances
Read about the .
Who should I contact for further information about fire safety in my flat?
In the first instance contact the premises management company of your block of flats.
You can contact and ask for the Duty Fire Safety Officer:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01473 260588, open 9am to 5pm on Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4pm on Friday
Suffolk County Council
- Children, families and learning
- Business and licences
- Jobs and careers
- Council and democracy
- Care and support for adults
- Roads and transport
- Planning, waste and environment
- Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
- Trading Standards, community and safety
- Births, deaths and ceremonies
- Culture, heritage and leisure
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
- About Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
- Fire stations in Suffolk
- Fire service incidents map
- Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service: Coronavirus pandemic
- Suffolk Fire and Rescue FAQs
- Fire safety for businesses, landlords, charities and schools
- Fire safety in the home
- Fire and rescue safety advice in the community
- Working for Suffolk Fire and Rescue
- Small Unmanned Surveillance Aircraft
- Road safety initiatives
- Give feedback or make a complaint about Suffolk Fire and Rescue
- Youth development